With the upcoming Civil & Equipment projects, the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) intends to hire a Project Manager (M&E) as part of the Project Integration Division (PID) team, which is responsible for the strategic and significant capital investments of PTP. The objective of the Project Manager is to serve as the central point of coordination and leadership, ensuring efficient project delivery and the stakeholders' satisfaction.
He/she will play a crucial role to drive and oversee the planning, execution, and successful completion of projects. Not limited to that, he/she also will facilitate effective communication among team members, monitor progress, mitigate risks, and ensure that project goals are met within the defined scope and timeline.
Why Join Us
Port of Tanjung Pelapas (PTP) is Malaysia’s most advanced port and ranks 15th globally, by handling 11.2 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) in 2021. As we continue to increase our port handling capacity, PTP has initiated a number of strategic projects and programs to optimise, expand and decarbonise its footprint and introduce and integrate new and improved technologies, such as automation, digitization and energy alternatives. We invite all suitable candidates to apply and join our team of innovative and knowledgeable professionals.
- To manage and communicate the delivery of designated projects with all stakeholders and to perform the project works safely within agreed timeframes, budget, scope, and quality.
- Define project objectives, scope, and deliverables, detailed project plans, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation in line with the PID project framework.
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional project teams, ensuring effective collaboration and communication.
- Participate in a tender team and lead the analysis and evaluation of the bidder’s proposals.
- Monitor project progress, track key metrics, and proactively identify and address issues or risks.
- anage project budgets, expenses, and resource utilization, ensuring adherence to financial constraints.
- Facilitate effective communication among team members and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and guidance to project team members, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
- Conduct regular project status meetings, prepare progress reports, and present updates to stakeholders.
- Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and stakeholders’ expectations.
- Evaluate project outcomes, identify areas for improvement, and implement lessons learned for future projects.
- Effectively execute other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical or any Engineering related field.
- At least 10 -15 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years in a Project Manager role.
- Proven track record experience as a Project Manager, successfully delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Proven track record in project management and ability to manage multiple assignments and stakeholders at the same time. PMP certification or similar project management certifications are preferred.
- Experience within the port environment, managing port equipment projects such as quay cranes and Rubber-Tyred Gantry cranes is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to work independently, exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships and work collaboratively.
- Strong presentation skills and highly organised, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior leaders or executives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Melayu.