The Project Integration Division (PID) is responsible for all strategic and large capital investments of Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP). As part of PID’s Project Support team, the Senior Project Engineer is responsible for supporting PID’s project managers with project engineering, project management, site management, and QA/ QC activities.
Why Join Us
Port of Tanjung Pelapas (PTP) is Malaysia’s most advanced port and ranks 15th globally, by handling 11.2 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) in 2021. As we continue to increase our port handling capacity, PTP has initiated a number of strategic projects and programs to optimise and expand its footprint and introduce and integrate new and improved technologies, such as automation and digitization. We invite all suitable candidates to apply and join our team of innovative and knowledgeable professionals.
- Support project managers with the smooth execution of projects in accordance with the Division’s Project Implementation Framework and ensure projects adhere to the QA/QC standards, as specified in the contracts and agreed in the quality plans.
- Responsible for the coordination of site activities by internal resources, consultants, and contractors on project deliverables (Infrastructure works - Electrical, Civil and Mechanical -related projects).
- Support pre-contractual matters (i.e. technical review, tender preparation, and evaluation).
- Liaise with local authorities (when and where appropriate) to ensure compliance with local regulations is met.
- Demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Inspect and validate the quality of works done for the assigned projects from the consultant/ contractor to verify and ensure adherence to the quality requirements.
- Act as the point of contact for testing and commissioning of the project(s) with key stakeholders.
- Observe and drive safety rules and practices on site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Electrical/ Mechanical or any related Engineering field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of project management experience in civil, infrastructure, port, or maritime-related industries.
- Exposure to, and understanding of, building services, marine construction and infrastructure (Land, Road, Water, Sewerage, etc.) would be preferred.
- Conversant with contract management and local building codes and regulations.
- Well-structured and able to create an overview of issues and follow up thoroughly until resolutions are reached.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- PMP certification would be an added advantage.
- Proficient with MS Office and MS Project.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Malay #LI-DNI