As part of the Project Integration Division (PID) which is responsible for the strategic and large capital investments of Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP), the objective of the Senior Manager Renewable Energy is to drive and oversee engineering initiatives utilizing renewable energy resources. (S)he will initiate and drive the renewable energy pilots and feasibility studies on the port’s fixed assets and equipment to achieve the expected outcomes of the overall decarbonization strategy.
Why Join Us
Port of Tanjung Pelapas (PTP) is Malaysia’s most advanced port and ranks 15th globally, by handling 11.2 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) in 2021. As we continue to increase our port handling capacity, PTP has initiated a number of strategic projects and programs to optimise, expand and decarbonise its footprint and introduce and integrate new and improved technologies, such as automation, digitization and energy alternatives. We invite all suitable candidates to apply and join
our team of innovative and knowledgeable professionals.
- Lead in initiating and developing the requirements for sustainable or renewable energy solutions for port and terminal assets and equipment.
- Conduct technical and financial feasibility evaluations and provide recommendations to enable the migration of port-related equipment towards alternative green energy.
- Consult and collaborate with functional or technical leads to ensure the requirements and delivery of the asset is aligned with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Work with consultants, contractors and suppliers of alternative energy to gather data on specifications, costs, supply lead times and requirements for feasibility or pilot studies.
- Develop the technical specifications, ensuring that the functional requirements are well understood and covered.
- Participate in a tender team, and lead the analysis and evaluation of the bidder’s proposals.
- Work in close cooperation with the finance department to determine the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to obtain a holistic view of future investments.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for sustainable or renewable energy for the terminal as needed.
- Effectively execute other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Energy/ Environmental or any Engineering related field.
- At least 10 -15 years of work experience with 3-5 years in a technical role preferably as a consultant or manager with significant involvement in ESG-related areas.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Proven track record in project management and ability to manage multiple assignments and stakeholders at the same time. Experience within the port environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of HV/LV, power, distribution and/or alternative energy such as electric, methanol, ammonia, and LNG would be an added advantage.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage.
- Well-versed with MS Project or Primavera.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite of applications.
- Ability to work independently, exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships and work collaboratively.
- Strong presentation skills and highly organised, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior leaders or executives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Malay.